Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Upside Down (2012) - Review

Upside Down (2012) - Starring Jim Sturgess, Kirsten Dunst. Written and Directed by Juan Solanas. Rated PG-13. Available on DVD.

Upside Down has a pretty interesting sci-fi premise, which is the main point of interest for the film in my opinion. I don't know how much science actually backs up this premise, but I find it interesting nonetheless. However, the focus on the film is the love story of the main characters, a love that crosses over two worlds. The story is very interesting, despite sometimes not making complete sense why certain things are happening in it. But it is definitely an unique tale. It is also quite visually stunning and interestingly shot. Some of the scenes in the movie are absolutely beautiful and breath taking. The leads do quite well in their roles, but sometimes the dialogue feels stilted. The film also uses some heavy voiceover, which I believe should only be used in extreme moderation.

I did enjoy this film and found it quite interesting. If you're interested in another sci-fi romance indie film, I also recommend the film Another Earth.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment