Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010) - Review

Tucke and Dale vs. Evil (2010) - Starring Tyler Labine, Alan Tudyk, Katrina Bowden. Written by Eli Craig and Morgan Jurgenson. Directed by Eli Craig. Rated R. Available on Netflix Watch Instantly and DVD.

I was sincerely surprised and impressed by this movie. The film takes on the unique premise of "What if everything that happens in a horror movie is just a huge misunderstanding?" But I won't say anymore about the plot, because what made this film so great to me is the fact that I had no idea what it was about going into it. I knew it was a horror comedy, but no more than that.

And what a great horror comedy it is. I believe that it ranks up there next to Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead as the tops in the genre. The two leads (Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine) are hilarious and perfect as Tucker and Dale, who are two really nice dudes who really just want a nice vacation but it doesn't really work out that way. This movie is over-the-top and ridiculous, but that's exactly how it should be. It's fun. It's more comedy than horror (unlike Scream 4 - which I watched yesterday-which is more horror than comedy). It's just so entertaining. I think everyone can tell how much I liked it.

I recommend this movie. Go watch it. But be warned, it's not really for the squeamish.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment