Monday, May 27, 2013

The Hangover (2009) - Review

The Hangover (2009) - Starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifiankis, Justin Bartha. Written by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. Directed by Todd Phillips. Rated R. Available on DVD.

If you haven't seen The Hangover by now, you should. There's a reason why it was as popular as it was. It's funny, and at the time, original. The chemistry between the three leads is fantastic and their performances in this film is what helped their careers become even larger. At the time this film was released, no one really knew who these people were. Now everyone does. (Yes, I realize those are sweeping generalizations.) I really do enjoy this film. Something I really like about this movie, in addition to the great writing and original plot, is how this film is directed. Lots of the shots in the movie are really cool visually. The song selection for this film is also quite great. The humor, at times, is really disgusting, but the really funny parts to me are the quick one liners and the crazy situations that the characters face.

I like this movie. I like it a lot. And it's still funny the third time I've seen it, which a lot of comedies aren't.

Rating: 4 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment